- Ameland Ebb-Tidal Delta, Ameland, Netherlands, 2017, 23 days.
Extensive marine field campaign for SEAWAD/Kustgenese2.0 project including sediment sampling from a ship (grab & box core); sediment tracer study; Lagrangian drifter study; assembly, deployment and retrieval of measurement frames. LISST, ADV, OBS, ADCP, Aquadopp, YSI programming and data analysis.
- Gironde Estuary, Bordeaux, France, 2018, 1 day.
Estuarine Physics Summer School at the University of Bordeaux. ADCP, LISST, and CTD measurements; analysis of turbidity using optical and acoustic methods.
- Solent Estuary, Southampton, UK, 2015, 1 day.
Field excursion with group at the University of Southampton/National Oceanographic Centre. Sediment grab samples, Niskin bottles, ADCP, and CTD measurements.
- Eastern & Western Scheldt Estuaries, Zeeland, Netherlands, 2016-2018, 2022, 7 days.
Deployment of bed level and pressure sensors, sediment sampling, benthic ecological monitoring. Also 5x field trips as teaching assistant/co-instructor for MSc/PhD field courses.
- Wadden Sea, North Holland/Friesland, Netherlands, 2017, 2022, 2 days.
Deployment of ADCPs along tidal watershed for SEAWAD/Kustgenese2.0 project. Teaching assistant for PhD summer school course.
- Columbia River Littoral Cell, Oregon/Washington, USA, 2019, 3 days.
Field volunteer with USGS/OSU/Washington State Dept. of Ecology for topographic beach survey; linked to my research on sediment pathways at the Mouth of the Columbia River.
- The Sand Engine, Kijkduin, Netherlands, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 10 days.
Fieldwork in Hydraulic Engineering course. Optical grain size sampling, beach scarp development, nearshore circulation estimation using tracer dye, estuarine process monitoring in small lagoon, surf zone sediment transport with paired ADV/OBS.
- Texel Paal 9, Texel, Netherlands, 2017, 2022, 2 day.
NCK Summer School, as participant and later as teaching assistant. Grain size, surf and swash zone processes, runup, ADCP/ADV/OBS instruments.
- Hedwige-Prosperpolder, Netherlands/Belgium, 2022, 1 day. Participated as test subject in assessment of human instability due to wave overtopping on dikes.
- Malvern Mastersizer
- Keyence VHX-5000 Digital Microscope (see my sand photos!)
- Fluorescent and magnetic tracer sand separation